First Time Here?
Welcome and thank you for your interest in applying for a Service Academy Nomination. Please create an account to get started with your application questionnaire. If you have any questions, please contact my staff at 202-224-6621 or by emailing ServiceAcademy@lujan.senate.gov.
Ben Ray Lujan
United States Senator
The deadline to apply for a nomination from Senator Lujan to enter an academy in the fall of 2022 is October 8, 2021.
To be considered for an academy nomination, you must be:
- A legal resident of the State of New Mexico
- At least 17 years old but not yet 23 years old on July 1st of the year you would enter the academy, and less than 25 years old for the Merchant Marine Academy
- A graduate of high school before July 1st of the year you would enter the academy
- Of high academic standing
- Unmarried, not pregnant, and without legal obligation for the support of a dependent
- An avid participant in community service and extracurricular activities which demonstrate your leadership abilities
This application is solely the responsibility of the person applying, and as such, we expect to hear exclusively from the applicant. If students need to call during school hours, we suggest that they visit their guidance counselor’s office for assistance.