First Time Here?
Each year, I have the privilege of recommending a select group of individuals for admission to the United States service academies. Competition for the limited number of available nominations is strong. The academies recommend that high school students interested in applying for an appointment should contact the academy of their choice in the spring of their junior year and apply for a congressional nomination during their senior year.
Nominees are chosen based on personal merit. Criteria considered include evidence of character, leadership capability, academic excellence, physical aptitude, and participation in extracurricular activities. Please click here for more eligibility requirements, links to each academy’s website, information regarding annual Academy Day information sessions, and other related announcements.
Please create a personal account and follow the steps to apply for a nomination to a service academy. The following items are required:
- Application for a Nomination to a Service Academy Questionnaire
- A letter of intent that explains why you wish to attend an academy
- Three letters of recommendation
- A list of extra-curricular activities that highlight leadership roles/positions
- Official transcript of grades through junior year
- Official class rank to include total number in class
- SAT and/or ACT scores
As a graduate of the United States Naval Academy, I understand that it is an honor to attend a service academy and is also a great way to earn an education and build leadership skills that will serve young men and women well in every facet of life.
United States Senator