First Time Here?
Thank you for contacting my office regarding your interest in receiving a nomination to one of the United States Military Service Academies. It is my honor to be a nominating authority, and I am proud to have the opportunity to work with young men and women who want to serve our country.
Candidates for consideration must submit:
- Completed questionnaire (including 30 second video)
- Essay summarizing your reason for wanting to attend a Service Academy
- High School Transcript
- SAT/ACT scores
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from non-relatives, at least one of which must be from a teacher or school official
- Recent photograph of yourself
The last date to submit the application and upload all checklist items is on October 21, 2022. Applicants selected for an interview will be scheduled to meet with the Senator's Academy Nomination Board on November 19, 2022.
Please remember that in order to be eligible for a nomination each candidate must:
- Be at least 17 years of age, but not yet 23 by July 1st of the year he or she is admitted to the Service Academy. For Merchant Marine Academy, the upper age limit is 25.
- Be a United States Citizen at the time he or she enters the Service Academy, and a legal resident of North Carolina.
- Be unmarried, not pregnant, and have no legal obligation to support children or other dependents.
- Meet the minimum requirements of the Academy to which he or she is applying. Candidates who do not meet the school’s minimum requirements will not receive an interview for the Service Academy.
The competition for congressional nominations is high, so I also encourage you to apply for a nomination from your other nominating sources, Senator Richard Burr, and your home district’s U.S. Representative.
Thank you again for your aspiration to serve our country.
United States Senator