First Time Here?
Welcome to U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley’s online Senate Page Application. To learn more about the Senate Page Program please visit Senator Merkley’s website.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are due no later than September 5th at 11:59 pm Pacific time and you are encouraged to apply as early as possible so that Senator Merkley and his staff can consider your application in a timely manner.
To be eligible to serve as a Senate Page, you must be:
- A Junior in high school for the 2022-2023 school year;
- Between the ages of sixteen and eighteen years old;
- A U.S. Citizen; and
- Able to maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
To complete your application, please submit these items by the September 5, 2022 deadline:
- An official copy of your high school transcript(s);
- A current resume;
- A cover letter explaining why you wish to be a Senate page;
- A letter of recommendation from one of your teachers;
- A letter of recommendation from a supervisor familiar with your work on a job or in volunteer service; and
- A short essay (250 to 500 words) responding to the question, “Describe one major problem that the United States is currently facing and – if you were a U.S. Senator from Oregon – how you would try to fix that problem.”
Note: You may save your application as you complete different sections, instead of submitting all materials at once. However, you must complete all of the checklist items for your application to be complete.
For any questions or for further assistance with the page application process, please contact JP Piorkowski in Senator Merkley’s DC office at 202-224-3753.