First Time Here?
Thank you for your interest in obtaining a nomination to a U.S. Service Academy from Senator Cardin. The class of 2025 application deadline is 5PM on November 5, 2020. (There are no exceptions to this deadline )
Please be aware that obtaining a nomination from a U.S. Senator is highly competitive and the process is intended to be driven by the candidate, not parent's of candidates. As you work through the application, if you find you have questions or need additional information, it is imperative that you email Amy Daiger at email@example.com directly, please do not have your parent(s) email questions on your behalf. Thank you in advance for your understanding with regard to this point.
In order to be considered for a nomination from Senator Cardin, each applicant must:
- Submit a complete application packet electronically (which includes the online questionnaire and all checklist items) by the office deadline of 5PM on Thursday, November 5, 2020. *In an effort to reduce waste, no paper documents will be accepted.
- Be available for an interview on Thursday, December 3rd and Friday, December 4th;
- Have an open candidate file at the Academy for which you are seeking a nomination;
- Meet all service academy age, citizenship, marital status and health requirements.
If any items are missing from the application package after the deadline, the applicant will be withdrawn from nomination consideration.
Interviews will be held on Thursday, December 3rd and Friday, December 4th.
- U.S Air Force Academy, U.S. Military Academy and U.S. Merchant Marine Academy applicants will interview in Senator Cardin’s Bowie office.
- U.S. Naval Academy applicants will interview in Senator Cardin’s Baltimore office.
All applicants must be able to provide the candidate number assigned to them from the Academy to which they are seeking a nomination. Website information for each service academy can be found at http://www.cardin.senate.gov/help/service-academy.