First Time Here?Create an Account
Thank you for your interest in applying for nomination to one of the United States military service academies.
This is the account creation page for Georgians applying for Academy Nominations through Senator Raphael Warnock's office. The office prefers digital copies of all checklist items, and sending paper copies of test scores and recommendation letters will slow down the review of all applications by the Academy Nominations Review Board.
Applications for Academy Nominations must be completed online by Saturday, September 30, 2023. Letters of recommendation, official transcripts, and SAT/ACT scores must be received no later than Saturday, September 30, 2023, at 5:00 PM Eastern Time, with no exceptions.
Use of the U.S. Senate Office Application Manager is strongly encouraged.
Applicants must meet the following requirements as of July 1 of the year of admission to the Academy:
• Between 17 and 22 years of age
• Possess U.S. citizenship
• Unmarried, not pregnant, and with no legal obligation to support children or other dependents
• Reside in the State of Georgia
Nominations from Senator Warnock are based on a "whole person" evaluation, including in-person interviews.
Applicants are considered for a nomination at four levels:
• The FIRST consideration is academics. Each individual's grade point average, ACT/SAT scores, class ranking, and willingness to embrace academic challenges will be considered.
• The SECOND consideration is leadership experience and potential command ability. This will be based on the resume of activities submitted in the application packet, including involvement in sports, school, civic, and personal/social activities.
• The THIRD consideration is the motivation and desire of the applicants to attend a service academy. This will be based on both the essay submitted and the interview before the Academy Selection Board.
• The FOURTH consideration is comparative, appraising each applicant's attributes against all who are applying.
Applications to the Academies
Applications MUST also be made to the Director of Admissions of the Academy or Academies of your choice, in addition to the nomination application to Senator Warnock.
Merchant Marine Academy
For the Merchant Marine Academy, a Member of Congress may nominate as with the other academies; however, no dedicated position is available. Each nominee selected must compete statewide for the vacancies, and the Merchant Marine Academy makes the selection.
U.S. Coast Guard Academies
A Congressional nomination is not required for the Coast Guard Academy, as they manage their selection process. Any individual who is interested in applying must contact the Academy directly. You may apply online at http://www.cga.edu.
Final Admission to Academies
Selected nominees will be announced by January 2023. The slate of nominees chosen by Senator Warnock and the Nominations board will then be forwarded to the academies indicated. The selection of the appointee to each Academy is ultimately decided by the Academy to which you have applied.
Senator Warnock's offices are available to answer any of your questions. Feel free to email Senator Warnock's office at Academy_Nominations@warnock.senate.gov.