First Time Here?
Please create an account or sign into your existing account to complete the application.
DEADLINE - November 15, 2022.
Thank you for contacting my office regarding your interest in receiving a nomination to one of the Service Academies. It is my honor to be a nominating authority, and I am proud to have the opportunity to work with young men and women who want to serve our country.
If you have not already done so, you should contact your academy or academies of choice and request pre-candidate information as this is the first step in the admission process.
To be considered for acceptance to a military service academy, you must obtain a nomination from one nominating source. The competition for congressional nominations is high, therefore, I encourage you to request a nomination from your other nominating sources: U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell and your respective U.S. Representative.
In order to be considered for a nomination, you must submit the online Questionnaire Application and Checklist Items outlined below:
- Completed Questionnaire Application
- Personal Information
- Checklist Items
- Essay summarizing why you want to attend a Service Academy
- High School Transcript and/or College Transcript
- Official ACT and/or SAT scores
- Three (3) Recommendation Letters from non-relatives, at least one of which must be from a teacher or school official
The last date to submit the application is on November 15, 2022.
Please remember that in order to be eligible for a nomination each candidate must:
- be at least 17 years of age, but not yet 22 by July 1st of the year he or she is admitted to the Service Academy (the upper age limit is 25 for Merchant Marine Academy);
- be a United States Citizen at the time he or she enters the Service Academy, and a legal resident of Kentucky;
- be unmarried, not pregnant, and have no legal obligation to support children or other dependents; and
- meet the minimum requirements of the Academy to which he or she is applying.
Due to the limited number of openings at the academies, and the large pool of applicants who want to attend, my Academy Board will review all applications for recommendation in accordance with the Academies' standards. I will make the nominations by the designated deadline of January 31, 2023.
A nomination through any authority does not guarantee acceptance into a service academy. Final acceptance into one of the Service Academies is made by the individual academy.
Failure to complete these requirements by November 15, 2022 will disqualify you from further consideration. Please be sure you are a current and legal resident of the State of Kentucky or your application will be invalid with this office.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact my State office at 270-782-8303.
Thank you again for your aspiration to serve our country.