First Time Here?Create an Account
Welcome to Senator Shelley Moore Capito's 2023 Application for a Service Academy Nomination.
- ELIGIBILITY: Applicants for Senator Capito's 2023 Service Academy Nomination must meet the requirements below.
- United States citizen
- A resident of the state of West Virginia
- Not pregnant and without dependents (not legally responsible for child support)
- At least 17 years of age, but less than 23 years of age* on July 1, 2024 (*25 years for the United States Merchant Marine Academy)
- Of good moral character
- DEADLINE: In order to be considered for a nomination and to be scheduled for an interview before Senator Capito's Academy Review Board, all application materials must be received by 5:00 PM (EST) on Monday, October 16, 2023.
- INTERVIEW: Eligible applicants who complete and submit the 2023 application with all supplemental documentation will be scheduled for an interview before Senator Capito's Academy Review Board in Charleston, WV or Martinsburg, WV. Virtual interviews will be made available. Currently, interviews are tentatively scheduled for the following dates:
- Friday, October 27, 2023
- Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Friday, November 3, 2023
- Saturday, November 4, 2023
- SUBMISSION: Once your application has been officially submitted online by selecting "Submit Questionnaire," you are not able to make changes. If you need to make any changes or have questions, please notify our office immediately by phone at 304.347.5372 (request the Academy Nominations Coordinator) or by email at Academy_Nominations@capito.senate.gov.
- APPLICATION: The application is completed online and will need to be printed and signed. Upload the signed application, Affidavit of Domicile Form, and a photo, where indicated. Mail the sealed transcript packet and sealed recommendation letters in ONE packet to Senator Shelley Moore Capito, Attn: Academy Nominations Coordinator, United Center, 500 Virginia Street East, Suite 950, Charleston, WV 25301.
**Packets may also be dropped off to the address above or 300 Foxcroft Avenue, Suite 202A, Martinsburg, WV 25401 or 48 Donley Street, Suite 504, Morgantown, WV 26501.
We look forward to reviewing your application and wish you the best as you pursue this opportunity!