First Time Here?
As a United States Senator representing Indiana, I have the honor of nominating a select number of exceptional Hoosier students for admission to one of our nation’s five service academies. Due to the limited number of nominations that I am able to make, the application process is competitive and students are selected based on personal merit. Important criteria for consideration include physical ability, academic excellence, qualities of leadership, and the personal character of the applicant.
The service academies recommend that interested high school students should contact their preferred academy in the Spring of their Junior year to begin the application process. Students should then contact my office to apply for a congressional nomination. I commend you for your interest in pursuing this challenging and rewarding achievement and I wish you the best of luck.
Please create a personal account and follow the steps to apply for a nomination to a service academy. The following items are required:
Application for a Nomination to a Service Academy Questionnaire
- An essay explaining why you wish to attend an academy (500 word limit)
- Three letters of recommendation (submitted separately by recommending party)
- A current photograph
- A resume of extra-curricular activities that highlight leadership roles/positions
- Official transcript of grades through junior year
- Official class rank to include total number in class
- SAT and/or ACT scores