First Time Here?Create an Account
Senator Booker is excited to announce his office's Internship Program for the Washington, DC, Newark, NJ, and Camden, NJ offices. Please note: we have continued to closely monitor the developing COVID-19 public health crisis and have decided that it is in the interest of the health and safety of interns and employees to shift the fall 2020 internship program to a completely remote program. We are currently only accepting applications for the upcoming Fall 2020 Session.
The internship application deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Session: August 7, 2020
- Spring 2021 Session: November 2020
- Summer 2021 Sessions: Winter/Early Spring 2021
The sessions are structured as follows:
- The Fall Internship Session runs from September through November.
- The Spring Internship Session runs from January to mid-May.
- The Summer Internship Period is broken into two segments:
- Session One runs from mid-May through June
- Session Two runs from July to mid-August
State Office duties consist of a broad range of constituent services and community outreach. Assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with the public via incoming phone calls, constituent e-mails, and office visits
- Process incoming mail, constituent opinions, and correspondence
- Accompany staff to local community events
- Collaborate on group projects with fellow interns and colleagues
- Build spreadsheets, draft memos, and conduct research
In the DC Office, interns may also be expected to:
- Work with legislative staff on research projects
- Draft letters on various policy issue areas
- Give Capitol tours
- Attend committee hearings and briefings
- Assist staff with scheduling items
Please create a profile and sign in to the left to complete the application. Please note that we are unable to offer an internship to all applicants. Preference will be given to New Jersey residents.
If you have any questions regarding our program, please email Internship@booker.senate.gov.