First Time Here?
Senator Booker is excited to announce his office's Internship Program for the Washington, DC, Newark, NJ, and Camden, NJ offices. Please note: we continue to closely monitor the developing COVID-19 public health crisis, and will adjust the program format accordingly to meet the health and safety needs of interns and employees. We are currently only accepting applications for Summer 2021.
The internship application deadlines are as follows:
- Summer 2021 Sessions: March 20, 2021
- Fall 2021 Session: Summer 2021
- Spring 2022 Session: Fall 2021
The sessions are structured as follows:
- The Summer Internship Period is typically broken into two segments:
- Session One runs from mid-May through June
- Session Two runs from July to mid-August
- The Fall Internship Session runs from September through November.
- The Spring Internship Session runs from January to mid-May.
State Office duties consist of a broad range of constituent services and community outreach. Assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with the public via incoming phone calls, constituent e-mails, and office visits
- Process incoming mail, constituent opinions, and correspondence
- Accompany staff to local community events
- Collaborate on group projects with fellow interns and colleagues
- Build spreadsheets, draft memos, and conduct research
In the DC Office, interns may also be expected to:
- Work with legislative staff on research projects
- Draft letters on various policy issue areas
- Give Capitol tours
- Attend committee hearings and briefings
- Assist staff with scheduling items
Please create a profile and sign in to the left to complete the application. Please note that we are unable to offer an internship to all applicants. Preference will be given to New Jersey residents.
If you have any questions regarding our program, please email Internship@booker.senate.gov.