First Time Here?Create an Account
This is a supplemental application for an internship stipend with the Office of Senator Kirsten Gillibrand.
In order to apply for a paid internship, you must complete the standard internship or press application in addition to this supplemental application.
Eligibility requirements for a stipend are as follows:
- Applicant should be eligible for a Pell Grant, even if not currently receiving one
- To check your eligibility, you may fill out the FAFSA online worksheet here
- Applicant must be a legal resident or student in New York State.
- Applicant must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or meet one of the following requirements:
- is lawfully admitted for permanent residence and is seeking citizenship as outlined in 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)(B); or
- is (1) admitted as a refugee under 8 U.S.C. 1157 or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. 1158 and (2) has filed a declaration of intention to become a lawful permanent resident and then a citizen when eligible; or
- owes allegiance to the United States
- If selected for a paid internship, you understand you will be required to certify under penalty of perjury that you meet one of the above criteria.